Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspirational Artists

Miron Zownir: This artists appeals to me mainly due to the dark nature in his photographs. His big idea seems to be on suffering, which relates to death because many aspects of death deal with suffering. More importantly, all of his images are in black and white, which to me contributes to darkness and fear. What intrigues me is the question of why Zownir chose to so all his images in black and white. I am liking this style a lot and may incorporate it into my final project.




http://www.mironzownir.com/


Gustave DorĂ©: The main reason I like this artist is because he personalizes death. His big idea is the same as mine: death, and his objective is to make death life-like. He paints death in many shapes and sizes and like zownir uses black and white. I am curious about the many forms of death, and DorĂ© has given me many new ideas to branch from. 



dore1v.jpg






http://dore.artpassions.net/

2 comments:

  1. I also chose Miron Zownir as an inspirational artist. Like you, I really enjoy his work and find it completely intriguing. The black and white effect adds so much meaning to his work and it really brings out the deepness behind his photograph. He is not afraid to explore the issues people don't like to see or things people would be caught off guard by. The other artist you chose is very interesting as well. I am exploring identity as defined through life and how some people can grow despite terrible situations, so death and a sense of the unknown definitely relates. This artist's work really makes death life like so he could be used as a great inspiration for your own work. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definately see the inspiration of Zownir in your work The way you used black and white images reflects his work. there is a sort of uncertainty about your work that we often see in many other artists' works as well. good job!

    ReplyDelete