Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blog 4

My big idea for the final project is the same as for my midterm: death. I plan to continue exploring the many forms of death while focusing on changing the connotations of the images. I want to change the way people perceive certain forms of death, as there are both good and evil versions. To do this, I will use a water reflection technique in PhotoShop to display a good image of death into an evil form and vice versa. This project should communicate the meaning that death is not always good or bad. It should be perceived as an ever changing material.

Interestingly, the idea of reflection came to me when I saw Harry Potter and the scene with the Mirror of Erised came up. I'm also influenced by Gustave Dore's work on the forms of death and the anime series Death Note. To further research this idea, I will look at different forms of death by Gustave Dore and also look at how reflection is incorporated into artwork in general.



The PhotoShop technique that I will incorporate is the water reflection technique.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's very cool that you and I think the mirror images are scary. If you are portraying the darkness make sure there is a big contrast between life and death, focusing more on the death so the viewers immediately gets the big idea. Also I would play with photo filters to give that dark feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you continue to use mirror images. it really conveys a deep meaning within your work. cant wait to see your final project. im sure it will be very dark, yet interesting. good work on conveying exactly what you wanted to be put out to the audience while still leaving room for them to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is such an interesting topic. You can do so many interesting things with death and really make it come to life. There are so many representations of death in our media so I think it would be great if you could bring something different to the table. The water reflection idea is great. It gives somewhat of a distorted feel to real life which is what death could or could not be considered. Since this is your work, you should run with this idea. Good Work, I'm excited to see your final!

    ReplyDelete